Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Gate Finished:

As promised, I read volumes 7-10 of the Gate light novels, which occur after the anime's end.  They weren't bad, but they weren't good either.  The story suddenly became about China and a Klackon invasion.  It felt like it had lost track of the theme that had made it so good in the first place.  Oh well, I'm still thankful for the books that led to the fantastic anime, so the author obviously did all that could be asked of him.

With Gate out of the way, the only translated light novels in my hall of fame I haven't read yet are from Death March, and I can hop on that once the superior anime version comes to an end.  No point reading the inferior version when I can watch the superior.

I'd rather watch another season of Ryuuou no Oshigoto! than GATE.  The ending really adds nothing of value to the story, so my anime wishlist can be devoted to more pressing needs.

On that note, Gate's tenth volume is fully translated so everyone should go and read the series now that they have the chance.  There's nothing left to wait on.

Next up, I still need to read the third volume of O.S. Card's formic war trilogy.

No comments: